Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Notions HAUL

Today's blog is to be about my recent JoAnn's Haul.  I needed some white batting for a quilt that has a white background.  White is not a good color for anything connected with my family.  There are too many animals and weekend dirty husband projects.   I don't keep white batting on hand.

A little background...My start to online surfing started back in February, 2008, when I searched for a smokey eye tutorial.  I discovered YouTube and blogs.  The rest, as they say, is history.   If you watch makeup videos you know about makeup Hauls.  A Haul is where someone goes bonkers and loads up on many new items to add to their "collection."  I am hooked on quilting blogs and tutorials. Since retiring I am not so much interested in makeup. Quilting blogs have become my a huge part of my daily entertainment as well as my primary creative education source.

JoAnn's was having a pre-Easter sale and almost all of their notions were 50% off.  Well yippee! It was a serendipity experience to happen on a sale of this magnitude and not even know about it.  I picked up a few items I have been wanting but have been waiting to use my coupons.  A 50% off sale is better than coupons!


Clover Wonder Clips.  Everyone is using these and I needed some too.  I first saw these clips here on Diary of a Quilter.  I needed to add these clips to my "collection."  I got the last two packs at 50% off!  



Clover Fusible Web stem maker.  I saw this on Fons and Porter here.  Well, maybe not the best link to use but  Liz Porter used this gadget to make bias tape stems for her Christmas North Carolina Lily quilt.  My local PBS has a Fons and Porter show on Saturday morning.  I will give credit here where credit is due.  I learn so much from Fons and Porter.  My thought is to use these on my Love Entwined applique here that is progressing but progressing very slowly.       







Hexagons!  They are all the rage at the moment.  I am not sure I am a fan of hexagons.  I have been cutting my shapes from paper and they are sometimes wonky.  I hope these will make the process easier and more accurate.  50% off sure helped me want to try hexagons again.



A few half-yard cuts of some cute chicken and garden seed packet with some accent greens.  I have a garden apron that I am trying to perfect and these will be cute fabric choices.



This is the white batting I purchased.  It is 100% polyester and seemed to have a nice fluff. It is sold on a roll and not in a bag.  A bit denser than Fairfield low loft in a package.  Warm & Natural Battings were also on sale.


I do not know if the sale is still going on today.  I don't keep up with sales like I should.  I do have the app for JoAnn's on my phone and there is always a 40% off coupon on a regular price item. Sometimes even a 50% off coupon.  I always have it pulled up on my phone and use them every week  every time I go to JoAnn's.  

Have a wonderful stitching day and thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment