Top 10 Reasons I like making Pouches.
1. They use fabric from my VERY large stash of fabric. It has allowed me to cut into fabric I have been saving for special projects. But I still keep buying more fabric. :o( I have collected so much fabric.
And that is bad. But that is also good. :o) Nothing is more fun than buying a 1/2 yard cut of a fun fabric.
2. It's like painting with fabric. I choose many colors, textures, and creative design themes. I am a textile artist! A quilter is a textile artist. The floral fabric was purchased on a trip I made to Lancaster, England.
3. I like the bright, cheery fabric colors.
4. They make people smile. Like these Yoga frogs.
5. They are useful. (Makeup bag, IPod bag, credit card storage, electronic chargers, etc. )
I usually have several to choose from in my basket and it is fun to see which bag is selected by different people.
6. I like to make something unique and specific for each person geared to their personality. Pets, makeup, type of flower, citrus, beach theme. I always ask what type of hobby or interest one has and try to match the pouch to their interest.
7. I like matching the fun zippers and colors. But I also like to stir things up a bit and put in a zipper color that changes the whole color scheme in a completely different direction.
8. I can spend hours, happily stitching pouches and listening to a good recorded book.
10. And I get to spend the day with my faithful buddies who seem to like fabric as much as I do!
Sandy and Little Brown Bear!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!