Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Red White and Blue


I've gotten into making little mini quilts.  I never really had a place to display minis but now that my mom has moved to a retirement apartment, she decorates her wall shelf by her door with different displays.  She likes flowers and she likes my quilts. So I am making more minis for her little decorating spot.

I made two of these little scrappy tumbler flags shortly before Memorial Day. One for me and one for her. She decorated for Memorial Day and she will be able to display hers again this week for July 4th.

She chose this vintage style flag with muted reds and beige tones. The button stars are vintage and random.  She has received many compliments from friends and guests.  A nice conversation starter. 


This is mine.


I used the brighter reds and white. I have a button box full of random buttons and found some whites and a heart for the center star. 

Both were backed in this cute little patriotic print.  I machine quilted wavy lines.  Simple, quick and happy to see and celebrate.


Hooray for the Red, White and Blue!  Happy Fourth of July!



No comments:

Post a Comment