Friday, July 31, 2015

Preparing for the Blitz

I'm preparing for the Blitz!  The Binding Blitz brought to us on the last day of every month by JulieKQuilts.

Will I have all of these quilts bound by Friday, July 31, the last day of the month?  No, but this was sufficient incentive to get all of these UFOs backed, basted and in some cases binding sewn on. 

In a previous post, I told you the story of my love for all things sunflower hereI got in gear and finished this one.  Hand quilted and all!  Isn't she a cutie?!!  So for the binding blitz I do have one finish I'm calling Sunflower Picnic to show off.


In my Sunflower post I talked about this little mini sunflower primitive.  I got it hand quilted as well and the binding is waiting to be hand stitched.  

Can you tell I am in a hand quilting kind of mood this summer???  I am.


This little Valentine snowball has been waiting to be bound for a few weeks now.  I have used the wonder clips gifted to me.  This is my first time using the wonder clips.  I am on the fence if I will convert to clips over pins.  


And since this year has become the Year of the Scrap Quilts, I have finished and bound my Scrappy Trip Around the World.  These quilts are popping up finished around the blog world this summer.  I was determined to finished mine too.  Now I just need to stitch the binding and it will be done.


Scrappy Trips is a Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville Quips free quilt pattern.  You can find the instructions here. This is one fun quilt to make.   If you don't know Bonnie, start by getting to know her by reading her blog.  It's like having your best friend come over for an afternoon of fun scrappy sewing.

I used this blitz preparation time to pin baste this Scrappy Sunflower String Quilt.  Again, I must hand quilt this one.


I love, Love this Pink Strings quilt.  Pin basted and I will hand quilt this one too.


I worked on these two string quilts back in the spring.  I wrote about them here. I've really made a dent in my scrap bins with all the scrap projects since last summer.  However, scraps have a way of collecting in my bins again every time I sew another quilt or pouch. Which is all the time!

This is a little black and white mini I am calling Evening Shade. Hand quilted. Binding is on. Waiting to be stitched. I made this one last summer so it is time to finish.  I really like it.  Very different for me.


Just for the record, I am just not a huge fan of making hexagons. I enjoy looking at everyone else's projects. I've tried a few for fun as there seems to be a hexagon movement taking place at the moment. I make a few and then applique them to something.  That is what I have done on this one.  Just enough for an accent. And I like the hexagon on this project.  


I had two "happy sewing days" this week and I am so happy to get all of these projects lined up for hand sewing. It is too hot to be outside so I am whittling away at some projects that have needed to be finished.

Here's hoping you find time to stitch today. 

Thanks for stopping by.


  


.  





No comments:

Post a Comment