Monday, April 20, 2015

Spring Chicks


I needed a little gift for a sewing friend. So I made her a pin cushion and, of course, a few for me too. One might say they are Texas chicks with their big hair. They are really cute all posed together.

I have had the chicken pin cushion on my list of things to make for a while.  One is stuffed with the lizard litter (ground walnut shells) and most are stuffed with a combination of polyester fiber stuffing and lizard litter.  You need that poly to shape the points.  Really they need to be a bit smaller to be a pin cushion or the needles will get buried in all their fluffiness.  I will happily make a few more.


This guy crashed the photo shoot!  Glad they aren't the real thing! 

I followed this tutorial by Jenny at Missouri Star Quilt Company.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! I could seriously make chicken pincushions all day...they're so much fun! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a few of these a few years back Love them!! 😊 💐

    ReplyDelete