Monday, November 10, 2014

Fair Isle Sew Along

I am a little bit late to the party but I am glad to have started the Fair Isle Quilt Sew Along.  Freshly Pieced has put together a sew along that is designed to have your quilt finished by December 25. Maybe it was the lime green fir trees or maybe the pink poinsettias that got me.  I could not stop thinking about "jumpers" worn by Bridget Jones and Marc Darcy.  Anyway, I bought the pattern here and I am in.  This is my very first sew along and I am quite excited.  I think I have picked a great quilt to make for my first sew along. It is going to be fun and I have most of the Kona solids in my stash.
  






 It helps me to set up all the pieces on cardboard (USPS Priority Mail boxes).  I have had a fair amount of stitch removal by not paying close attention to the way the flower petals turn and the green check corners.  The pattern is not difficult at all.  Easy enough for a beginner.  Trimming the half square triangles makes for easy accurate piecing. 

 I have decided on this fabric for the backing.     


Linking up to Freshly Pieced.

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. I plan on starting this quilt too. I just love Lee's pattern! I have the fabric all set aside and ready to cut--it's an interesting combination--bright green, red and purple shot cottons against a black background. Your blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea : ) a fair isle quilt. Looks fun so far.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog. I appreciate it. You come up as a no reply blogger : (

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such adorable blocks! Love your background fabric too! Thanks for sewing along! : )

    ReplyDelete