Wednesday, October 23, 2013

More Pouches

I LOVE making these Triple Zip Pouches. I don't really know why I like to make them. I am counting 68 made as of today.

Top 10 Reasons I like making Pouches.

1. They use fabric from my VERY large stash of fabric.  It has allowed me to cut into fabric I have been saving for special projects.  But I still keep buying more fabric. :o(  I have collected so much fabric.






And that is bad.  But that is also good. :o)  Nothing is more fun than buying a 1/2 yard cut of a fun fabric.








2.  It's like painting with fabric.  I choose many colors, textures, and creative design themes.  I am a textile artist!  A quilter is a textile artist.  The floral fabric was purchased on a trip I made to Lancaster, England.


3.  I like the bright, cheery fabric colors.


4.  They make people smile.  Like these Yoga frogs.


5.  They are useful.  (Makeup bag, IPod bag, credit card storage, electronic chargers, etc. )



I usually have several to choose from in my basket and it is fun to see which bag is selected by different people.

6.  I like to make something unique and specific for each person geared to their personality.  Pets, makeup, type of flower, citrus, beach theme.   I always ask what type of hobby or interest one has and try to match the pouch to their interest.





7.  I like matching the fun zippers and colors.  But I also like to stir things up a bit and put in a zipper color that changes the whole color scheme in a completely different direction.  







8.  I can spend hours, happily stitching pouches and listening to a good recorded book.






9.  No matter how many I make, people always want more.  Can you make one bigger for my IPad.  Can you make one for my Kindle.  My grandson, "Can you make me one with tractors on it?  And can you make it today?"    





10.  And I get to spend the day with my faithful buddies who seem to like fabric as much as I do!
Sandy and Little Brown Bear!







Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment