Sunday, August 11, 2013

A New Beginning

I will work from this color palette
Well here goes!

I am excited to share my progress of a new quilt I am starting called Love Entwined.  You can find the fascinating story about this quilt and Esther's drafting of the pattern to create an 18 month block of the month series by going here  


First Attempt
Finding the most satisfying color palette is a difficult process. My first attempt was the maroon and black, but I was also drawn to the black and beige color palette from two bundles I picked up at the Houston International Quilt Festival from this vendor here . The two bundles have been sitting on my shelf for several years and I really doubt they are still available as groupings from this vendor.  One line is called Nouveau c. 1910 by Nancy Gere for Windham Fabrics  and the second Masterworks by Kathy Hall for Andover Fabrics Inc.

Esther began her journey to locate this quilt whose only reference is a black and white photo that was published in a book called Patchwork Quilts by Averil Colby back in 1956. For a link to more information about Averil Colby and her books go here 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment